and Brain Sciences
Dr. Brittany Brothers
Clinical Assistant Professor
Associate Director of Clinical Training
brotherb [at] indiana.edu
office: PY 164 | 812-856-3286
Clinical health psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy, dissemination and implementation.
- 2009 - Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Clinical Psychology with a specialization in Health
- 2009 - Predoctoral Clinical Internship, Brown University Clinical Consortium
- 2006 - M.A., The Ohio State University, Clinical Psychology
- 2002-2004 - Indiana U. Purdue U. Indianapolis, Psychology
- 1996 - B.S. in Business, Indiana University
- P303 - Health Psychology
- P690 - Practicum in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Areas of Interest
- Coping with cancer, particularly the role of depression and social support
- Dissemination and implementation of evidence-based treatments, particularly From Cancer to Health™: A Stress Management and Coping Intervention
- Clinical Supervision* (Please note that I do not provide primary research mentoring for graduate students)
Brothers, B.M., Carpenter, K.M., Shelby, R.A., Thornton, L.M., Frierson, G.M., Patterson, K.L., & Andersen, B.A. (2014). Dissemination of an evidence-based treatment for cancer patients: Training is the necessary first step. Translational Behavioral Medicine, 5, 103-112.
Studts, J.L., Mejia, M.G., Kilkus, J.L., & Brothers, B.M. (2014). Evidence-Based Practice in Clinical Behavioral Oncology. In C.M. Hunter et al. (Eds.), Handbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings (pp. 625-672). New York: Springer Science & Business Media.
Wu, S.M., Brothers, B.M., Farrar, W., & Andersen, B. L. (2014). Individual counseling is the preferred treatment for depression in breast cancer survivors. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 32, 637-646.
Brothers, B.M., Easley, A., Salani, R., & Andersen, B.L. (2013). Do survivorship care plans impact patients’ evaluations of care? A randomized evaluation with gynecologic oncology patients. Gynecologic Oncology, 129, 554-558.
Brothers, B.M., Yang, H., Strunk, D.R., & Andersen, B.L. (2011). Cancer patients with Major Depressive Disorder: Testing a biobehavioral/cognitive behavior intervention. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79, 253-260.
Brothers, B.M., & Andersen, B.L. (2009). Hopelessness as a predictor of depressive symptoms for breast cancer patients coping with recurrence. Psycho-Oncology, 18, 267-275.