- (812) 855-2151
- Psychology 229
Our advising team can help you understand degree requirements and select courses that fit your interests and career goals.
If you just have a quick question for an advisor, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you will need to make an advising appointment.
To schedule an advising appointment, please use the Student Appointment Scheduler in One.IU through the Student Appointment Scheduler task. If you would like to meet with an advisor before you register online, explore the Registrar’s Schedule of Classes to review your degree requirements and find classes. Bring a list of the classes you're considering, along with questions for your advisor to your appointment.
PBS Advising Canvas - To self-enroll in the course please visit our Canvas page. Once enrolled, you will receive updated information, links and posts to opportunities in the department, and additional information to help you with your academic journey.
Psychology and Neuroscience majors are welcome to drop by the PBS Academic Advising Office (PY229) and browse through our books any time the office is open.
Are you making an appointment to prepare for registration or to adjust your class schedule? If you already know the classes you need to take next semester, then you do not need to schedule a meeting with your advisor before you register online.
Location: Psychology Room 229
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 am - noon & 1 - 5 pm
Office Phone: (812) 855-2151
1. Log in to the Student Appointment Scheduler (SAS) with your IU username and passphrase.
2. When you sign in, you will see a page that displays your assigned advisor(s), your academic program, and any upcoming appointments.
3. Search for a PSY advisor by typing in their last name:
4. To schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor, just click their name. This will take you to the advisor’s profile.
5. Click “Schedule Appointment” to access your advisor’s calendar. A circle on a date means there are available appointments that day. Click the circled date to see open times.
6. Once you’ve found a time that works with your schedule, click “Request Appointment.”
7. Fill in your current phone number and a reason for scheduling. Click “Submit Request.”
8. Done! You can confirm your appointment time by returning to the SAS home screen. You can also cancel or reschedule appointments from that screen.
9. A confirmation email will be sent to your IU email account after you schedule an appointment. If you schedule at least 48 hours in advance, you will also receive a reminder email the day before your appointment.