Our Developmental Psychology program is structured so that you gain a broad understanding of development, as well as expertise in a particular content area. Our students have considerable choice in selecting courses and shaping programs to meet their own scholarly agendas.
- Courses in advanced statistics
- First-year research
- Seminars and courses in developmental psychology and other areas
- Second-year research project
- Seminars and courses in development and other areas
- Courses on teaching psychology
- Qualifying exams
- Practicum in teaching
- Dissertation research
Most students complete the program in four or five years. Recent graduates have taken faculty positions at college and universities, including the University of Iowa, the University of Toronto, the University of Birmingham, Williamette College, Millsap College, and the University of Illinois at Chicago. Others have pursued postdoctoral training at the University of Oregon, UCLA, and the University of Chicago.